Everyone goes home and celebrates the holidays by ripping open presents and squealing in joy. Not me, good readers – I spend it watching horror films. This year’s lineup is:
- The Adjustment Bureau
- Ichi (not ‘Ichi: The Killer’ – I’ve looked for it here to no luck – which is rare because they specialize in the hard to find video. I might have to buy it before next year.)
- Cloverfield (I saw it before, so I’m not going to watch it on Christmas.)
- Slit Mouthed Woman (kicking off Christmas)
- Population 436
- Drag Me to Hell (hopefully wrapping things up by midnight.)
- A Christmas Story
Not all the films here are horror films, but when midnight rolls around, the screaming will start. J I am alone for the holidays, which is how I like to spend time when I’m not where fragments shook with a whir that creeps through my bones. I am not a huge fan of big parties or a lot of crowds, which is why I am staying home for the most part – just me, my menu and the movies. I might write reviews of these films after the New Year starts.
Speaking of the New Year – here are the traditional resolutions for the coming year. The tradition is I announce the resolutions on January 1st and promptly forget them by January 2nd. This year, I’m declaring them now, so I can forget them sooner – this way, I can fulfill the ‘no longer procrastinate’ resolution and actually get something done for a change. Now… on the oldies but goodies”
- This will be my last year on the plantation (as it were). I will bend every effort to getting a book written and published (even if it’s through Amazon or Barnes and Noble).
- Speaking of arduous labor… I am taking a couple of weeks off, but on January 3rd, I am right back to the workout regimen – hey, I got to be up at five AM anyways, might as well do something with my time.
- Procrastination… whatever…
- I am actually going to put forth effort into putting a little more of my money aside. When I quit my job (and what a glorious day that will be), I will need to have something for when the royalties aren’t as high as they should be (not that I’m getting anything, anyways…).
- Here’s an odd one – try to get more sleep. I admit, I try to pack in 26 hours in a 24 hour day and getting 4 or 5 hours a night might not be the best thing. So, with that being said, if I can keep #3 and #1 – hopefully #5 will fall in line. We hope.
Well – I wish everyone who reads this a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Blessed Solstice and a Happy Festivus for the rest of you. As for me – more movies!
With all sincerity to you, Good Reader,
Seething With Apathy